The Loretto Community supports innovative social change projects through the Special Needs Fund, which comes from a percentage of Loretto’s annual operating budget. Organizations are invited to submit grant applications for up to $7,500 for social change projects that exemplify the mission of the Loretto Community to “work for justice and act for peace.”
Funds are disbursed twice per year. Grants are due on February 15th and October 15th for review by the Special Needs Committee the following month.
Download complete guidelines and grant application here.
Recipients for the Spring 2014 grant cycle include:
• North Grand Neighborhood Services, St. Louis, MO;
• Isaiah House, El Paso, NM;
• Plowshares Farm Center for Education and Spirituality, Buffalo, KY;
• Las Americas Immigrant Advocacy Center, El Paso, TX;
• Uplift Help International, Rockville Center, NY;
• Newton at Home, West Newton, MA;
• Villa Maria, El Paso, TX;
• Crossroads Ministry, Louisville, KY.
Please direct all grant inquiries and applications to:
Sue Rogers, SL, at 314-962-8112, ext. 101, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Justice and Peace Committees and Networks
Loretto Committee for Peace
Loretto Women’s Network
Racial Justice Committee
Special Needs Committee
Loretto Mission Areas
Justice and Peace