Loretto Teacher Immersion Returns
The Loretto Teacher Immersion at the Loretto Motherhouse took place March 29 – April 1 after a three-year hiatus. In attendance were teachers from Loretto Academy, Nerinx Hall High School and St. Mary’s Academy. They were excited for an immersion experience focusing on Loretto history and mission.
The group had a full itinerary. Here are just some of the activities in which the teachers took part!
- Met with Susan Classen CoL and Jessie Rathburn CoL to talk about Loretto Mission: Concern for Earth
- A Motherhouse campus and Loretto Heritage Center tour led by Heritage Center Curator Susanna Pyatt
- Farm tour hayride led by Cody and Angela Rakes
- Visits with the Loretto Living Center residents
- Prayer services in the Motherhouse chapel
- Talks about spirituality and mission with Johanna Brian SL, Eileen Custy SL and Maria Visse SL
- A talk about “Commitment to Sustainability” from JoAnn Gates CoL and Susan Classen CoL
- A talk about Loretto’s participation in enslavement and Native Boarding Schools by Eleanor Craig SL
- Visits with the artist in resident/art gallery, cedars of peace, natural burial sites, lake and roaming the campus
A big thanks to Regina Drey SL for leading and organizing this weekend!