The Loretto Circle was started in 2009, when the Loretto Assembly approved a resolution for the Circle as a way for individuals to connect with Loretto without needing to make a vowed or co-membership commitment. Circles are an informal affiliation of individuals who want to come together with Loretto Community members to learn more about Loretto history, mission, values and spirituality through components that may include studies of Loretto written materials, retreats, spirituality discussions, peace and justice activities, and other mission-related opportunities. Circles meet on a regular basis, either in person or online.
Loretto Outreach became involved with the Loretto Circle to carry on the work that had been initiated. The goals of the Loretto Circle dovetailed nicely with that of Loretto Outreach, as Circles are one way to extend the spirit and values of the Loretto Community.
The goal of the Outreach Team is to support and strengthen our Loretto relationships within the Community and with others who share our values. We will work toward this goal by creating and supporting opportunities and strategies to share our legacy, spirituality, community, and shared commitment to peace and justice with individuals and allied groups, both within and beyond the Loretto Community.Outreach Mission Statement, 2016
There are two Circles that meet face to face in the St. Louis and Lexington, Ky., areas and one that meets online which includes people from various areas of the country. More Circles may develop in the future.
Additional ways for Circle members to connect
- Subscribe to the monthly Circle newsletter (below)
- Participate in Loretto spiritual retreats (2-3 opportunities/year) at the Loretto Motherhouse, Snowmass, CO, St. Louis and other locations
- Take part in programs on peace, justice and sustainability issues at the Loretto Motherhouse and in the Denver and St. Louis areas
- Join in direct actions for peace and justice supported by Loretto
- Get involved with a Loretto network (Loretto Earth Network, Loretto Women’s Network)
- Receive Loretto publication(s)
- Participate in online celebrations of the changing seasons (offered quarterly)
You might have other ways you would like to be part of the Loretto Circle. Use the form below to contact Sandra Hareld CoL, Coordinator of Loretto Outreach, with questions or to get connected.