The Motherhouse of the Sisters of Loretto is dedicated to fostering a vibrant community life among the Loretto Community members, supporting them at whatever point in life they may be, and contributing to the well-being, freedom and development of each individual.
The mission of the Loretto Motherhouse is to “bring the healing Spirit of God into our world” (I Am the Way #33). We strive to do this through
• caring for those in need;
• providing nourishment for body, mind and spirit; offering hospitality to those who visit;
• preserving the Loretto heritage;
• showing respect for the land, air and water around us;
• and practicing justice and mercy.
“We work for justice and act for peace because the gospel urges us” (I Am the Way #36). By our actions and decisions we proclaim and reveal the transforming love of God.